Saturday, March 22, 2014

Why women won't hold the Priesthood

The title of this post is incredibly controversial today, and it shouldn't be.  I honestly don't address things like this, but I feel compelled to do so.  The truth is, we live in a society that changes its ideas on morality, ideology and spirituality faster than some change their underwear.  But that which is right and true will always be so.  Now I'm not trying to make anyone mad, but I fully expect hate mail.  Do yourself a favor.  Don't post a comment.  Send it directly to me at da82kc@hotmail.com.

Let's get started.  We live in a day where men are sold out.  If you are a man, advertising will do its best to portray you as interested in yourself, some form of sports, being an idiot, impotent....you get the point.  There is a Father's Day holiday, but in its truest form, it is a reason for Sears to have a sale on Craftsman tools.  It is no surprise that in the midst of this attack on men, that we find so many women out there with the view that their husbands are somehow inferior to them.  And, honestly, a lot of men have drank the Kool-Aid and shirk their responsibility as men to be fathers, husbands and honorable priesthood holders.  If I were a betting man, I would wager that a lot of the women in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints who vocally are petitioning for ordination of women to the priesthood see the general apathy of some men as a problem.


Men, there is a problem among us, and we should rise to our duties.  We need to rise to our occasion.  


On the subject of women being ordained to priesthood, let me be frank.  It is not the doctrine of Christ nor his church.  It was not at any time so.  President Gordon B. Hinckley said  “Women do not hold the priesthood because the Lord has put it that way. It is part of His program. Women have a very prominent place in this Church. Men hold the priesthood offices of the Church. But women have a tremendous place in this Church. They have their own organization. It was started in 1842 by the Prophet Joseph Smith, called the Relief Society, because its initial purpose was to administer help to those in need. It has grown to be, I think, the largest women’s organization in the world... They have their own offices, their own presidency, their own board. That reaches down to the smallest unit of the Church everywhere in the world... The men hold the priesthood, yes. But my wife is my companion. In this Church the man neither walks ahead of his wife nor behind his wife but at her side. They are co-equals in this life in a great enterprise.”


There is nothing chauvinist about suggesting women cannot be ordained to the priesthood.  In life, those who are male and female have roles that are equally important.  For example, although both a man and a woman are required to conceive a child, the woman is the one who carries the child to term and births the child.  There is something incredibly sacred about that experience.  For nine months, a woman carries that child and of that, a sacred bond is created. I have watched my wife become a mother and carry our children.  She fulfilled a sacred responsibility that not one man could do.  It is important to not diminish the incredibly important opportunity that it is.  Additionally, women act under the direction of the Priesthood in the various auxiliaries in the Church.  Women serve in the church in various callings alongside men, performing the same duties in certain missionary capacities, in teaching capacities and so on.


Men receive the Priesthood to make them more equal to women, in my opinion.  It brings us to their level.  It does not make us superior. When each of us view a marriage as a partnership of two equals, only then can they be made one.


It has been brought to my attention that there is a group of sisters within the church who wish to stage an open protest in the vicinity of the Conference Center during the Priesthood Session of General Conference.  I ask, if you truly sustain the Prophet and the Twelve, how could you do such a thing?  I would submit that such actions are an open attempt by the adversary to try and destroy the Church from the inside out.  Those who lead these groups are just as blinded as Korihor, who in Alma 30:52-53 said, after being shown the sign he demanded, "I know that I am dumb, for I cannot speak; and I know that nothing save it were the  power of God could bring this upon me; yea, and I always  knew that there was a God. But behold, the devil hath  deceived me; for he appeared unto me in the form of an angel, and...yea, and he taught me that which I should say. And I have taught his words; and I taught them because they were pleasing unto the carnal mind; and I taught them, even until I had much success, insomuch that I verily believed that they were true; and for this cause I withstood the truth, even until I have brought this great curse upon me.


I am not asking for these women to sit down and shut up.  I am suggesting that their aspirations are wrong.  I am suggesting that they do not understand the doctrine.  I am suggesting that they are deceived.  I submit that there are flaws to all mortal mankind.  


We have been admonished to be perfect, but cannot do so in this life.  So we have to strive to do our level best to understand and live the doctrine as established by Christ through his Holy prophets.  As we do so, we quickly understand that as long as we each obtain the required saving ordinances, what callings we hold in the Church or supposed notoriety we think we could have matters not at all when we pass through the veil into the spirit world.  What matters is that we receive a testimony of Christ and his gospel and that we make and keep sacred covenants via Priesthood officiated ordinances.  Those who officiate do so as representatives of Christ, following specific revealed procedures. 




2 comments:

  1. And a good interest rate is certainly an important factor to look at it to understand your current financial situation is very important.It is equally important to understand the repercussions of such financial risks for you.And finding the best mortgage rates, which is essential to ensure that the same meet your needs.Although it may seem very simple level foundation formula, EMI housing loan calculation is actually quite complex.This is because the borrower needs to again and again calculated on the basis of their electromagnetic interference on the loan and change the variable factors and financial partners.With this in mind, many leading housing finance company called Mortgage Calculator EMI provided online tools to help you calculate and get a conservative estimate.

    For more info :-
    http://payday3monthloans24hrs.co.uk
    http://www.36monthpaydayloans.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way I look at this is women already have responsibilities and callings. To be frank, women already have a lot on their plate. Men were given this sacred calling direct from Heavenly Father. It's his church and his plan. I will never ever ever go against that. Men and women should act as equal partners, as we both need to work together to make it through this life. To these women I ask why would you want to take on the responsibilities and callings of both men and women? How are we supposed to be equal partners if this is what you desire? I think somewhere along the way you possibly have forgotten the importance of our callings and the sacred calling of our men who are patriarchs of our families and worthy priesthood holders. We need to remember that it is only working together in all things that we can truly help fulfill Heavenly Father's plan.

    ReplyDelete